Thursday, July 22, 2010

Father's Day

For my Father's Day tribute, I'd like to list a few of the things about Mark that I really love. Really. I love them.

1. He is a laugher. If he's not joking around or making things fun, something is really wrong and I should go check and make sure we are up to date on the food storage.

2. He makes the best spaghetti I've ever tasted. He does things to that sauce that are heavenly and mysterious. Paired with my mad garlic bread skilz, we are quite a pair.

3. He is not afraid of spirituality and strives to lead our family in righteousness.

4. He is an extremely hard worker and possibly the smartest person I know. Crazy smart.

5. He brings me technology to make my life easier and more enjoyable (laptops, ipod, cell phone, itouch...) I always think I have no use for it and always end up loving it and wondering how I got along without it (as I type this from my handy dandy laptop).

6. He's fantastic at apologies. I first fell in love with him when he walked right up to me and apologized for inadvertently hurting my feelings earlier in the day. I was speechless. Never had a boy give a dang before. He still does that and it has taught me to do the same.

7. Have you heard him play guitar? It is insanely sexy.

8. Do I even need to mention those eyes? I know, right?

9. I find it both endearing and infuriating that he habitually pours himself a bowl of cereal after every dinner. Have I not fed you enough? Was it nasty? Are you trying to cleanse your palette? And yet.... who can't relate to sudden and undeniable need for Honey Nut Cheerios? In the future I'll try not to audibly sigh or roll my eyes. Sorry about that.

10. He gives the kids love and the kind of attention that they can't get from me. He's a crazy rough-houser and throws them all over the place. He's strict but forgiving and he expects them to behave the way they've been taught. They frequently rise to the occasion.

11. He loves me.

11. I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment