Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July



Unfortunately, this year the only photographic record I have of our Independence Day celebrations is this one Mark took with his iphone.

Fortunately we did have a wonderful time at the Allreds. It was a Hufford/Allred/Fields/Malquist/Timmins extravaganza!

The food was spectacular...in fact, I set up camp by the guacamole and was happy as a clam the entire evening.

The fireworks did not disappoint. They never do.

But my favorite part of the day was earlier when Mark and I took the kids for a bike ride and we went down to the firework tent at on Bloomington to pick out our little pile of roman candles and bottle rockets. While we were making our selections, the wind started to pick up and before you know it, it was raining. We ran for the bikes and started back. It was fun! The kids were so excited and couldn't believe we had gone all that way in the rain. I love the way kids look at life.

Happy Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment