Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Summer of the Bike

I'm so glad Mark "made" me buy a bike. Even if I do look a little ridiculous when I'm riding it, the seat is very wide and squishy, which I feel is necessary if you are going to ride for longer than a couple minutes.

This summer we have bonded as a family while riding our bikes all over town.


But our favorite spot is still "Shining Rock River"...known to all others as Ward Nail Park.

The commute.

Hitting the BMX track.



Enjoying the sidelines...digging in the dirt hills.


As usual, we mosey on over to the pond and engage in a little throwing of rocks.

Meg and Laney use Megan's bike helmet to aid in hauling a big load over to the banks.


A peaceful moment. I enjoy sitting a ways back and watching all four of my kids cooperate and have fun together. I feel the sun on my face and peace in my heart.


I wish every day could be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment