Friday, June 18, 2010

Do you mind?

I know I've been slowly working my way through the past couple months, posting photos of the kids and their milestones and accomplishments. But I need a little break...just for a sec.

Truth?

Life is a little hard. We are moving. From here (Arkansas) to there (Kansas City). I am the first to admit that Arkansas was DEAD LAST in my list of states I'd ever consider living in. The very word brings to mind backwardness, bare feet and married cousins. However, it was exactly where were supposed to be and because of that I have loved (LOVED!) it here. I really want to stay and I really want to eat my blackberries and mow my lawn and hang with my neighbors. I love knowing every back road and having the numbers of my favorite restaurants in my cell phone so I can get really great take-out. That takes commitment, people! That takes time and a methodical investment in trying out a wide variety of items on the menu... things that should not be taken for granted. And if that isn't enough, I just got the number of a guy who will mow, weed eat, and edge your lawn for 25 bucks. You can't tell me I'll find somebody like that in KC. I won't believe you.

So for know I go out and push my kids in the swings and get teary eyed and say to my self, "I don't want to move." sniff sniff. Then I have a handful of raspberries and test the plumpness of the blackest of my blackberries and will them to ripen before someone else decides they might like to live here and push their kids in the swings.

I'm trying to remind myself of the day we drove out of Utah Valley and I bawled as I saw Mt. Timpanogos fading in my rear view mirror. I most decidedly did not want to leave my life there and my family and especially my parents that had only 6 months before moved back from Texas to be close to all of us. Most decidedly.

And look how that turned out?

It'll be fine. We're going to be just fine.

Excuse me...I think I'll go test the plumpness of the blackest of my berries.

sniff sniff.

1 comment:

  1. Maren,
    Moving is so hard! I hear you!!! And moving while pregnant is even harder. I still miss Arkansas- especially friends like you. I wish you the very best...I hope you get a great new house with room for lots of children and a wonderful garden!
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete