Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello! Do you know what time it is?

It's 10:09 am on a beautiful Wednesday morning and I'm officially 14 weeks, baby!

I couldn't be happier about the passage of time.

I'm ready to move on to feeling better and staying awake through the entire day. Particularly during the afternoon drive to pick up the boys. Mercy.

I would also like to see a few changes in the belly department. I am not happy with the "spare tire" look I've been sporting and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that I look pregnant when I am, in fact, pregnant.

A few things I will miss about the last two months.

Independent children doing what they gotta do:

Creative use of thermoses and tupperware:

Ahh...good times.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the inventors of the following items.

Cereal

The microwave

The happy meal

The television

The remote control

Paper plates

May you and your posterity live long and prosperous lives. It is well deserved.

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you the other day. I was hoping 14 weeks was very close. I am glad to hear it is here. 14 weeks is a beautiful thing. I always appreciate your humor. Glad you and your family survived it. After having gone through morning sickness recently myself, I realized we will survive most things. If the dishes, chores, toilets, laundry doesn't get done, it will be okay. (Not that they have been my biggest worry all the time anyways). Glad you feel better.

    Bring on the second trimester with all of its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might just be downright obscene how many times I've checked the PHS blog to see if you had an update. I also may or may not have gone back to a previous post to figure out how soon 14 weeks would be for you. *blush* I love your funny sense of humor and am so happy to know that you have arrived at 14 weeks alive. Now enjoy your summer full of popsicles, lazy naps, and gestating will ya?! Glad you're back to the blogging world.
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Maren! That's a pretty rough time I know. I'm trying to get through the huge, I can hardly walk stage until D day. Miss you!
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha that is so funny! I am glad you are feeling better!!! :)

    ReplyDelete