Sunday, June 28, 2009

Meggy Birthday Week

My girl turned 4.

She LOVED her birthday.

She absolutely quivered with excitement at every ounce of attention she received and I loved that she loved it. It's fun to do things for someone that appreciates it.

We celebrated with dinner and presents with our family (Grandma 'Kafaleen' was visiting) on her actual birth DAY. You may remember that I'm trying to stick to each of my children's wishes when it comes to decorating the birthday cake (thus, the big buck stallion combo). Megan had a specific vision for hers. Funfetti cake, pink icing, sprinkles on top, Sleeping Beauty (blue version, please) front and center, candles all around.

Deal. (Oh, and in sparkling Megan style, she dressed up for dinner):



She got everything her heart desired (due to the desires of her heart being within the birthday budget.) It was really fun to watch her open her presents because she squealed with delight over each and every one. I was diggin the gratitude. About a week later we had a friend party for her. All of her friends dressed up and came to the backyard for games and ice cream and cake. Megan soaked in the attention and we had a good time.
Megan dressed up in the "Bumbalina" costumer Grandma Jean gave her. Running with the finish line streamer from our relay races.

Pin the bee on the flower



Caleb Squires
Darek Squires
Sydney and Gabi Harlen, Bri Squires

Sydney Rieske...who says Cinderella can't rapel?

Sammy Brown, Katelyn Young, Jake Hildebrandt and Megan (I took the battery out...they just had accepted it yet)
Laney in her bumbalina costume and taking charge of the John Deere.

Katelyn Young
A good day for my four year old.


Happy Birthday Miss Meg. I love you so much!

In your words, "Meggy, I love you. Meggy, I do-oo. Fahdder in Heaven has sent me to you-oo. When I were near you. I lub to hear you. Singing so soflty that I love you too. Meggy, I love you, I love you, I do."

You're 4!

1 comment:

  1. I love the little football player with all the princesses. Its so fun when they are at an age where they love everything they get. Then they go through that phase where they open it, set it aside and ask whats next, lol.

    ReplyDelete