Monday, June 15, 2009

Ethan's Baptism


Ethan was baptized on May 31st.

Mark took the boys to the chapel early to make sure everything was ready. When I walked in and saw my son and husband all dressed in white I started with the tears and I couldn't get a hold of myself until the entire service was over.

How many bajilions of times have I had the "I can't believe how fast time is going" conversation with other moms. It's mind numbing. BUT I STILL KEEP HAVING THAT CONVERSATION. Over and over and over we stare at our kids and say "I can't believe how fast time is going..."

So now I look at him and instead of those fat cheeks I see his crazy grin full of huge adult permanent teeth mixed in with little baby teeth, empty gaps and wiggly ones that he relishes in grossing me out. He's eight and I can't believe it.

He does fractions.

He knows his baptismal covenants. Did I know my baptismal covenants back then? I kind of doubt it.

I love him so much and I can't believe how fast time is going.

2 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful program...so glad we could share it with him. Such a sweet boy.

    Speaking of time flying....um....i have all of your PICTURES from the baptism....would you like them today? So sorry! If you will be around, the kids and I can swing them by. I'll call ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a sweet program. Time does fly, and I get all teary when I think of my kids getting older. I can imagine I'll just be a puddle of streaked mascara when they get baptized.

    ReplyDelete