Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Signs of Summer

We have "successfully" navigated our first week of summer. We have a little to show for it:

A ROCKIN farmer's tan.


The dogs are getting more attention than they have since last October. Enjoy it while it lasts, pups.


Consumed large quantities of otter pops....
And corndogs.... (shirtless, of course)

A trip to the Tulsa Zoo with the best neighbors ever known to man...


Naps inspired by boredom...
Cruisin the backyard with a bamboo spear and a literate passenger in the bucket...
Even a 14 month old can learn to really chill out if she has enough example.


My children are life long members of the "up before dawn club". I'm happy to report that we are learning to sleep in. We even stretched it to 7:30 am once.
And my personal favorite: cooperation for the purpose of creating a mud-hole....





I am really diggin summer this year. We've been out for 13 days and I've only locked myself in the bathroom twice. I don't have a pie chart or anything, but if you compare that to last year, I'm doing a bang up job.

4 comments:

  1. Two times in the bathroom is impressive! Got your floatie for you, by the way. I shall deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see I'm not the only parent who's child has "must sleep horizontal and touching someone as much as possible" syndrome. And the nap photo is worthy of framing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! Glad to see you guys haven't melted outside- it is so dang hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee for summer and figuring out what to do with kids 12 hours a day for 60 days. Utah, here we come!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete