Friday, July 10, 2009

Ode to the 7 week summer.

So summer is cruisin right along.

I hate to admit it, but I have previously dreaded summertime (just a bit). Outside of a good roadtrip to Utah, summer felt like fights and too much television and long bouts of boredom.

But this summer has actually been really fun. We swim. We bike. We library. We swim. We redbox. We bbq. We swim. We chuck e cheese. We drive-thru zoo.... And then we swim.

I admit I haven't officially bathed my children in 10 days. My neighbor, Jennifer, says that since we are having a daily swim lesson, she considers them sanitized in the chlorine. I'm absolutely on board with this theory. Though I'm thinking I better use my GPS to find the tub before the Sabbath.

Granted, there have been moments when I lost my cool and requested my children to please find somewhere to be other than "all up in my business", but all in all...I am completely digging (am I such a white girl?) having my pups all to myself.

I love them.

Now if we could just get Mark off of work for 7 weeks....

2 comments:

  1. Is it really just 7 weeks? That means we start school back soon. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete