Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who needs American Idol?

Apparently it is totally unnecessary to stand before Simon Cowell and embarrass yourself on television in order to be famous. All you have to do is go to the library.

Here's the link for those of you who don't read the "Daily Record" (it's okay...I don't either. I'm a googler):

http://www.nwarktimes.com/bcdr/News/70237/


We were looking for a few books before going to Grandma and Grandpa's house to keep warm and a photographer with an eye patch (very swarthy) asked if he could take a few photos of us for a little article letting people know that the library was open. We got to talking about the storm and when I mentioned we were without power, he walked away and I could hear him talking in hushed tones...." young mother....4 little kids....trying to stay warm....young mother". I started to feel very ridiculous and a little sweaty. He came over and told me his editor would like to do a story on us and could a reporter please call me on my cell phone for an interview? WHAT! I just morphed from mom looking for books with her kids to young starving mother with 4 urchins looking for refuge from the storm. I was a bit worried that the article would make us look a bit pathetic and unable to care for ourselves. All I wanted was a couple of books, dangit! Luckily, it was not too bad...although I don't care for anyone supposing that I have any type of "entertainer hat". eck.

Also.

This is the THIRD time our family has been in the newspaper since we moved here.

What does that tell you?

We are such a mess we qualify as a newsworthy side show? ....perhaps

Our family is a media magnet?

No....there's just not much going on around here in these them parts. Those poor photographers have to go looking for news at THE LIBRARY. Really? The library? Really?

7 comments:

  1. This tells me that not only do your friends and family find you fun and fascinating, but all of Northwest Arkansas does too!

    P.S. You TOTALLY have an Entertainer Hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a magnet. An awesome one, but still a magnet. I remember summers and camp at Kaholowo (is that how it was spelled?). You were a magnet then too! Your family is adorable too! It's no wonder they wanted to take pictures of all of you guys. But good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the picture but didn't read the article. Now I will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the article makes you sound like a single mother/widow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Young mother repeated several times. That's gotta be good, right?

    I love that Ethan said he likes to go outside with you to see what pictures you'll take. I'm guessing he was present for the "frozen tundra" photo-session.

    Yep, you're pretty much famous by now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! I agree it makes you sound like a single mom :) And I love that you guys have been in the paper 3 times. That's small town living for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's awesome you made the paper. We all have to get our big break somewhere, don'tcha know. And your kids are so darn cute, they should be in the paper every week. And you don't look so bad yourself there girl. I love the picture and I love the article.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete