Tuesday, February 24, 2009

That's what I get

Yesterday we were driving home from picking the boys up at school. The volume in the backseat was increasing at a steady rate and my pleas for them to "pipe down" was going completely unheaded.

Where is the respect, people?

So I did what many a mother hath done before and made a sharp pull over to the curb (just to get their attention, you see) and blurted out,

"Okay. Who wants to walk home?"

Now, before I go any further, let it be stated that:

a. this was an EMPTY threat. Shock value only.

b. the desired response was, "gasp! Dear Mother! How could we have been so rude? Of course we will give you the desired peace and quiet you so richly deserve! Please don't toss us onto the street! Will you ever forgive us?" At which point I would freely forgive, and we would continue the journey home...just me and my thoughts with 4 fabulously obedient children in tow.

c. we were exactly 1 block away from the house

It won't surprise you when I tell you that what happened was of course they both exclaimed in JOY, "Me!" "I do!"

Oooof course.

They were out of the van and running down the street before I realized what an idiot I am. I knew that protests were futile and I realized I better award this point to the boys. Dangit!

Photos anyone?You know inside they're thinking, "We so TOTALLY won this one."

3 comments:

  1. Yes, but you got a few minutes of peace and quiet so you won too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I totally agree with Kerilee, you did get the peace you deserve, so it's a win, win.
    Man, I wish we could hang out and do stuff. I know our kids would have a blast together, and you my friend have a way of uplifting and bringing joy to all situations, so that wouldn't be so bad either.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! Kids are so funny. I love it!

    ReplyDelete