Thursday, February 5, 2009

A dark day

A moment of weakness and desperation.

I promised myself I would never, never do it.

It seemed like the only option,

I didn't know where else to turn.

I did it for my children. My husband!

It felt SO WRONG.

but those are just excuses.






I bought those spoons at Walmart that come with a bar code wrapped around a bundle of 4.

4 for a dollar.

I could feel my heartbeat in my ears....you know when you feel it in your bones...you shouldn't be buying this.

They're so thin and scratchy.

But a whole new set of silverware for SPOONS? The thrifty in me will not allow it.

They'll never stand up to an inadvertent run in with the disposable.

But when you frequently depend on Kelloggs and General Mills to provide a quick dinner, 3 spoons just won't cut it.

Where are my spoons!?!?!

I'm not sure I'll be able to forgive myself.

2 comments:

  1. sheesh! Mothers have done worse things! You silly:) So you have your power back to run the disposal and kill your new spoons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those spoons :) And I only have one kid and yet seem to never have spoons. I love IKEA's kids silverware personally. The forks are plastic put actually pointy so he can use them as a fork, and not have to scoop his food.

    ReplyDelete