Friday, February 6, 2009

Early valentines

My kids are on a modified year round schedule. It's really just taking a month out of summer break and giving the kids a week break 4 other times during the school year. Well, next week we're out, so that means we gotta do the valentine swap a bit prematurely.

I, personally, am not a big fan of spending 3 bucks on a box of Buzz Lightyear valentines, knowing that they are on the fast track to garbage cans all over the valley. What a waste! So this year we opted for valentines of the rice krispy variety. MAN! I love rice krispies!

I handled the treats and the kids handled the card making. A little paper, a little glitter, some confetti hearts, glue sticks (romantic black crayon) and viola!



My favorite moment of the process: Ethan using a ghost voice and chasing his little sister with a glittery paper heart, "FOOOOOLS GOOOOOOLD! FOOOOOOLS GOOOOOLD!" Who says boys don't like valentines? There's something for everyone.


good times.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! I would love to get Valentines like those. That was a cute story as well with Ethan. Kids do funny things. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete