Thursday, November 20, 2008

Welcome to the family

We have a new addition to our little fam:
That's right. A dyson, or Dysee, as I lovingly call him. Turns out when you need a vacuum so much that you are willing to spend some of your million on it, the universe (Mark) finds a way to make it happen. Thanks, babe.
(I'm sure the universe doesn't mind being called 'babe' either)

But now I'd like to take a moment to share some feelings that are near and dear to my heart.

Dear Dysee,

First off, I'd like to say how much I truly love you. You'll never know how much you have changed my life. Thank you, thank you for not pushing the cheerios around in front of you and never sucking them up. There is something particularly devastating about manually cleaning up after your vacuum. You never make me do that. Also, thank you for not making me remove your cone-like filter, go outside and whack it on the side of the house only to have all the nastiness fly into a swirling cloud of dirt, hair and dead skin cells all around me. The dogs appreciate that too.

I know these are simple things, but for a girl that has a low tolerance for housework, it means the world.

Also, Dys, while I'm at it, I have a teensy weensy confession to make. You know the other day when there was a shameful amount of cereal on the floor? I admit it! I did it on purpose! It's just that I missed you and wanted to spend a little quality time, ya know? Can you ever forgive me? I hope so. Anyway, I'll see you after movie night. mmm.....popcorn.

Love,
Maren

4 comments:

  1. Well, well, well! Does this mean you are out of your zombie days? You sound very lovingly awake now! I am very excited for your and dysee dys. I am sure you will have a very long and marvelous relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. I also blogged my Dyson but never published the post. Ryan thought it was odd, but he just can't understand the feelings I have for this piece of machinery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love my dyson so much!!
    Have fun with little Dysee.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sales pitch! I'll have Dyson send you the commission when I make my big purchase this weekend! I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete