Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Keepin it real

Here's last week's luxurious menu I painstakingly planned out. I tried to be thoughtful and budget conscious and imagined myself cooking a well balanced nutritious meal each night. The kids would praise my efforts and Mark would feel so loved and cared for. OH THE FAMILIAL JOY!

Mon: Beef Stroganoff, noodles, rolls
Tues: Apricot Chicken, rice, veggie
Wed: Drip Beef Sandwiches, fries
Thurs: BLTs with corn on the cob
Fri: Weinersnitzel, mashed potatoes, gravy
Sat: Lasagna, french bread, salad


Actual meals eaten last week:

Mon: scrambled eggs with ketchup
Tues: cereal (this was a big hit)
Wed: Toaster waffles
Thurs: Dino nuggets with fries
Fri: I actually made the weinersnitzel...Mark was working late and the kids refused to eat it. So they had cereal. And I ate ALL the weinersnitzel myself. Really. I'm totally serious.
Sat: ramen noodles

Looking on the bright side, there is absolutely no reason why I will need to buy groceries next week. It's all sitting right there waiting for me to get it together. Yep. Gonna do it. No problem.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! I planned out 2 weeks of meals and I have lasted the last month with them! I still have about 3 or 4 dinners left! I also could eat all of the wienerschnitzel myself-hands down, not a problem for me:) Sometimes, well a lot of times, kids just don't know what they are missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so funny!. I laughed so hard. You are the best. Keep me posted how it goes this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep it real a lot. Really real. Glad your're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! If you reattempt lasagna night - feel free to have us over :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like something I do all the time. At least you made a plan! That is always the first step!

    ReplyDelete