Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Sunday afternoon wish

All I want today is my Mom and Dad and brothers and sisters with me to watch this:
Is that too much to ask? My kids don't think it's funny yet. I miss hearing John laugh (giggle) when they sing,

"Hang her head in modest way with pouting lips...with pouting li-ips
that seeeeeem to say...
oh kiss me, kiss me, kiss me, kiss me
though I die of shame-uh
please you that's the kind of maid sets my heart a flame-uh!"

sigh. Good times. sigh. Homesick...err... Familysick.

P.S. I am fully aware that some of my siblings, and definitely my dad, would view this as a hostage situation rather than a fun get together/sing along, but it is my wish...not yours...so there.

3 comments:

  1. Maren! I sang that while I read! I miss that so much too! Let's watch it over Thanksgiving! That would be so neat! We also need to make mashed potatoes with hot dogs in it too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I am not a family member, I will watch it with you. Umm, well if you come to AZ, I will watch it with you :) And it might not make you feel any better, but at least we could be familysick together!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you guys can't have all that fun without me!!!
    No Fair!
    That's funny...I sang that while I read it too.???
    I wonder how other people that seems normal to.
    Hmmm, we might be just a little bit weird. Oh, well. Live it, and Love it!

    ReplyDelete