Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In a funk

Okay.

This is now day 4 of my funk. (Although I really like the word 'funk'. Just typing 'funk' is making me feel better.)

Do you ever feel like controlling your temper turns you into a mother zombie?

I have been taking so many deep breaths and talking in such an even, calm tone, I feel like I have no personality. I'm a zombie.

In a calm tone:

"Sweetheart, mommy can't help you when your screaming at me."

"How would you feel if I were screaming at you?"

"If you want to talk to me, please stop screaming."

"Honey, screaming doesn't help me to want to help you."

"Babycakes. Your screaming is hurting mommy's ears"

"Darling (I don't actually use that word), screaming for waffles isn't going to get you a waffle"

When is the SCREAMING going to stop???

I'm a zombie in a funk.

4 comments:

  1. So uh...he poker chip thing has expired? Emily's bread will help!!! I wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY hear ya. I think my volume gets louder every day instead of softer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should just try yelling back. Works for me :) Heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's this little place in our house called the grown-up time out place. It's where I go to get "away".
    The screaming doesn't always stop, but at least I don't have to hear it anymore. And you know what they say, a minute per age. Yeah, that's the best 30 minutes! ( I mean 31 minutes.)
    Hang in there!
    Love ya!

    O.k. so my work verification is foodise, I kid you not. So is that a place where the calories don't count and no one gets fat, but they can eat whatever they want?
    Let's go there, I bet there's no screaming. :)

    ReplyDelete