Saturday, December 23, 2023

Pure Christmas Magic...from Hill to Hill

We received an invitation to come down to Arkansas for a dinner with the Hufford side of the family. We have been politely declining for so long, I almost said 'no' out of habit. 

I'm so glad we didn't.

I can feel our family changing and I know these kids need more time with their family. I figured a trip down to see their grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins would be the very best way to spend the short time we had together for Christmas. 

We arrived a little early and headed down to Lowell to visit our old house. It was neat to see it, but what the big kids really wanted to do was visit Treasure Hill. I'm not sure if they already knew that the "hill" was really just a little slope that I used to bury little shiny rocks and coins in for the kids to find. 

They didn't seem to mind. I still felt all the love and magic right there. 




We drove over to the "new park" and walked around a little before heading over to visit the family at the Allred's lovely Donkey Hill. 

We had a pizza feast!



We had a nice time visiting and catching up with everyone that we haven't seen in so long. As the last people were heading out the door at the end of the night, we could here a robust rendition of "How Firm a Foundation" coming from the music room. It was so fun hearing the boys singing together with Megan on the piano. 


And then we sang and sang and sang.... and my heart was so happy. 




We even persuaded Bryce into playing his baritone for us and it was absolutely gorgeous. I love that rich and mellow tone. 


And only Aunt Sarah could convince these kids to put on an improv dance performance. Anyone reading this....go find the videos..because they are FABulous. 





We sang our last songs of the night, our very favorite, 'Colorado' and 'Camel Rock' by Chuck Pyle...and we were off to sleep. It was an extra gift to have the chance to have all of my Six right there to hug and tell them I love them. 

I woke up the next morning and came out to see these two. 

I thought they were birdwatching out the windows, but they were really talking to Kassie on the phone! Even better. 


We had a quick bowl of cereal, wished the donkey's a happy holiday and headed home for our Christmas Eve activites!

Unforgettable. 

1 comment:

  1. I sang the best without a doubt :) Megan had me beat though in the dancing department.

    ReplyDelete