Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas Eve 2023

Time to drive back to Kansas.

Law-abiding citizens would make it in 3 1/2 hours.

Mark did it less that 3. 

My half of the circus manage just over 4....we had to go potty many times. 

Every time we embark on a road trip, the boys offer nonchalantly to help drive. I then thank them in a noncommittal tone for the offer and we all know that it's probably not gonna happen. Because you may remember that I dedicated 2 years of my life to each one of them as they learned to drive. And that left a mark somewhere very deep in my soul. 

But....it's Christmas and I miss my boys and it was time to take a breath and let go of the reins a bit. 

Those two boys shared the drive home and we all made it one piece! In fact, I do believe Ethan even bought me a bag of funyuns at the gas station while Mathew pumped the gas. I could get used to this! I had lots of time to scroll on my phone and take little naps. 

Ethan offered to cook his famous Chicken Pot Pie for our Christmas Eve dinner! 



Did I mention that it's Candlelight Dinner night? We're determined to feel all the feels. 


We faithfully played BINGO, even though I wouldn't allow the winners to open before everyone had won a game. You will see why, momentarily.  


And I really did get black out before Everly got a single line of BINGO. She was a very good sport about it.


Matching jammies!! Like, for real this time. And I really love it. I customized the shirts with the help of Courtney and Todd and their Silhouette. I think they turned out cute! And the pants were super soft and comfy....even though they didn't have pockets. (For $6 apiece, we will forgive)


And after all the kids were in bed, the glow of the Christmas tree. 



No comments:

Post a Comment