Monday, December 25, 2023

Advent Calendar in full swing

 This year felt a little different with the advent calendar. We are busier. We have 3 kids gone...done up and moved away. I'm working and we often leave early for the gym. Laney leaves for school super early so as to not have to park between cars... a solid strategy for a new driver. 

December 1st fell on a Friday, the only day I get up and go to work by 6 am. I figured Mark would take photos while I was gone, but they decided to get up at 5:30 so I could be a part of the kick-off!


We weren't perfect and sometimes we didn't get around to it until the end of the day and the slips of paper were more of a "this is what we did today" rather than a "this is what we'll do today!" situation. 


We worked the big kids into the rotation when they visited...


or finally flew into town...


Ethan was about to pick out when it suddenly hit me that this would be the last time for him.


I really am excited for Ethan and Kassie to make their own Christmas traditions...but I can't help but feel a little sad that ours are starting to change. 


Somehow I missed getting a photo of Everly taking a turn this year 9doh!) but I'm gonna resist the urge to get the decorations out and stage a redo. I did love getting a facetime call while I was at work and watching her unwrap her calendar gift...a special straining pickle jar!

And at long last...Laney was the lucky one to put on the Christmas star!

Until next year!

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice christmas to round out our last one as a 8 person family.

    ReplyDelete