Tuesday, September 8, 2020

First day of something

 I know we do this every year. And I hated to leave a gaping 2020 gap in this tradition, so I essentially bullied the kids into taking "First Day of School" photos on the front porch.

But it was weird, y'all.

We came out, took our photos and went back inside to get started on school.

In our house.

Not only did we not feel like dressing up...we really never got around to buying new clothes...maybe because we knew we weren't going anywhere or seeing anyone. Maybe because the goshdarn fitting rooms are still closed. Whatever it was...we weren't really feeling it.

Ever found a cute dress and hit her cutest pose. She's a second grader!


Anna was actually ticked before school and refused to take a picture. I have finally learned not to push her...she almost always comes around.

See? 4th grade never looked so good!


Laney was excited to use her new school-issued Surface Go....and look...her shoes match the front door! She's hoping her 7th grade year wont' be spent in these for walls for long.


Megan is a sophomore this year. I didn't realize until later that the wreath made it look like she has a lion's mane of hair.

Sorry, Meg. I'm not at my best.


Mathew rocked his wrinkly white t-shirt and basketball shorts. He has one semester left and he graduates. He can't be bothered to put on shoes for this sorry excuse of a school year.


I figured I'd snag a photo...this is my first day as a homeschool mom. Might as well capture the moment. We were seconds away from our first emotional breakdown.


Don't worry. We've been through worse than this. 2020 has been a wild ride, but we are Huffords.

We can outlast this mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment