Thursday, April 21, 2016

Anna's preschool: Overland Park Arboretum

As the preschool year comes to a conclusion, I feel that instead of preparing my lessons, it is better if we just go on a bunch of field trips. 

I know and have accepted myself by now and therefore it was no surprise to me that I would be out of steam when my final turn to teach rolled around. So I strategically chose birds and gardens as our final unit.

Shall we take a ride over to the Arboretum and hike to the bird blind? We shall!

All this will require is toilet paper binoculars: (we didn't use toilet paper rolls. That is seriously gross. There is NO WAY that our empty toilet paper rolls aren't fully coated in dried pee. I'm not pointing any fingers, here. But if I were, I would be pointing them right at Ethan, Mathew, Megan, Laney, Anna and Everly Hufford.....pee everywhere.)


Luckily the path to the bird blind is well marked and delightfully short. And paved.



These binos work surprisingly well.


We stopped at a lovely garden bench for a some sliced apples and a quick lesson on what a proboscis is. We pretended our capri sun straws were proboscises. It really is a great word.


Preschoolers are dependably cute.



Thank heaven for fieldtrips.

No comments:

Post a Comment