Saturday, December 5, 2015

Nativity

Time for the Nativity!

I am always amazed at how they are able to transform the gym into a beautiful venue that you are proud to invite your friends to.  Just think how much money that person could earn if they market to Mormon brides that don't want to have their reception under the basketball hoop!


I (of course) played viola. My stand partner this year was an adorable 7th grader named Sedona. She was pretty good!

Mathew sang in the youth choir and volunteered for a shift as a shepherd in the live Nativity.


Anna and Laney lining up to go in for their children's number:




All lined up on the second night. I am so glad the girls participate in this (Megan ditched this year). I love the feeling that you get when you make music in a group. I also really love that I'm busy playing my viola and I'm not in charge of keeping all of these kids quiet.


And when it's all over, we get to go peruse the cookie selection and do the speedy version of the Nativity scene scavenger hunt. It always seems like a great idea to promise the kids before the performance and like the worst thing ever after the performance. Next year I need to hunt down a cheat sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment