Monday, November 9, 2009

The costumes

Like last year, I tried to take costume pictures early, but only half succeeded. And in the case of Mathew, I tanked. The kids were too busy playing on the neighborhood's coolest new toy to be bothered. So in an effort to post this before Thanksgiving, you get what you get. I contemplated having him re-costume for a few photos, but even I know that's taking it a bit too far.

Ethan, the cowboy for 4 years running:
I think he's mastered his John Wayne impression, don't you?


Mathew's 2 photos:

He wanted to do a repeat of last year as well, the angry motorcross racer:



And then on Halloween day, he opted for his soccer uniform:

Megan was quite accommodating in the pre-Halloween photo arena. She went with the "Golden Princess Angel Fairy". I think she views Halloween as just an opportunity to do a full dress up (with hair and shoes and mother participation.)


I love the polka dot tights. And if she had it her way, she wouldn't have muddled up her costume with the white undershirt. Mom won that battle.

Laney was a Lady Pirate. Mark and I were in the market for free costumes, so I borrowed Ethan's scout uniform:

And he wore his company softball uniform:

And because I am hard pressed to splurge on clothes that are only a one-time wear, I justified several purchases by their flexibility:

black sunday shoes=lady pirate boots
gold slippers = cute with jeans too
cowboy boots (ouch$$!)= needed them anyway for riding lessons
blue button up cowboy shirt = handy spare for church

See how I find the need to explain myself? It's a disease.

2 comments:

  1. I can't read your blog for some reason. It isn't downloading the background color, so I only see the pictures and light yellow writing on white background. The writing is so light I can't read it. Sorry. But your pictures are adorable. Such a cute family. (I especially like the cub scout costume. Excellent choice).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO going to be a den mother...you wear that WAY too well!

    ReplyDelete