Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dear Arkansas,


While I was visiting in Utah, I noticed that they are getting really creative with their cell towers. Why can't we do this? I think it's very clever. Looks totally natural. And it also makes it look like this "tree" is so special that it requires its very own fence. Now that's thinkin.

I'm not saying we have to make them all look like very well pruned pines...but maybe we could even try painting them like barbershop poles or candy canes (ooh!) or perhaps a totem pole or two. We could form community committees to come up with seasonal "spruce up the cell tower" festivities. I think I'm really on to something.

Just a thought.

Maren

2 comments:

  1. I always smile when I drive by that "tree." I enjoy your letter posts. Although I enjoy all of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm pretty sure that tree gets voted as the ugliest thing in Utah County every year, but hey the totem pole idea sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete