Saturday, September 6, 2008

Princess Megan
Before I had a girl, I was annoyed by people who referred to their daughters as "Princess". I am not one who likes to have that word located on any part of my children's clothing. It seems snooty (snotty?) to me. So of course the powers that be sent me a child who lives and breathes only to seek after all things princess. She hears the word and quivers with excitement. So I have been given the opportunity to immerse myself in the world of the princess. Just the other day, Megan announced to the boys: "I am a princess. You are only boys." Boys. She said it like they were merely servants in the home. Lowest of the low.
At night she passes by their room on her way to bed and tosses them a "g'night boys".

As she gets older, I feel less and less like I know what makes this girl tick. She can be incredibly sweet and soft spoken. But in the next breath, she is ticked off! She can shake the rafters witha high pitched scream. She loves to sing...and sing..and sing. Join in at your own risk. It's just as likely as not that she'll immediately stop and tell you to zip it. Half the time I'm offended and the other half I can't help but laugh. At night you can hear her singing herself to sleep -- loudly.

This girl can eat waffles like nobodies business. Just keep em comin. I have three or four bottles of syrup in our food storage because I wouldn't want to be around if we run out during a waffle fest. It would hit the fan.

She has SO MUCH hair. Tons and tons. It is everywhere. All the time. I try to put in pigtails and braids and clips and twists and bows and bands. But it always gets out and gets in her eyes and stuck to her cheeks (syrup). I've thought about cutting it, but I'm afraid it would look wierd and everybody would think I was an idiot.

One of my favorite things about her is this thing she does with her lips when she is really concentrating. She really sticks em out there. I just know she is still gonna be doing this when she is in college. Her husband is going to love this about her too.

I also love that she rolls all of her d's, r's, and l's. She's a latina born into a white family. And boy does that girl ever love a good tea party. I sure hope Laney likes em too, because Meg is feverishly waiting for her to learn to hold a cup.

I love this girl!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big she is already! She is gorgeous - and I think she gets the lip puckering thing from you. Things are good here in Washington but we sure miss the Rogers ward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. I also hated the Princess thing before, and now Kylie's "nickname" is Princess. I'm not sure how that happened, but she's not letting it go any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is about the cutest thing I have ever seen. I loved all the stories you shared about her. My personal favorite was "I am a princess, YOU are only boys." Truly a classic line. Talmage had Brynn convinced princesses were dumb, but she has since seen the error of her thinking after a play group in the neighborhood. She has succumbed to peer pressure. You have such a neat family. I am so glad you gave me your blog address. My email is sgoodwoman@gmail.com I also have just discovered facebook.com. I am realizing that I am the older generation now. I have never sent a text message. I will keep checking your blog, and hopefully soon I will update mine. I am glad we can keep contact with each other. You had a profound impact for good on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you have two girls now. I never thought that I would love having girls, but I can't imagine anything else. Beyond the whinning and crying there are a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete