Monday, September 8, 2008

One week wiser.

New tradition! A weekly review! This week was a good one. Busy. Full of stuff to clean and places to drive to (bad grammar). Kids to cheer and discipline (more bad grammar). Your typical week. Looking back here were some of my favorite things:

Good stuff: Laney started rolling over. She poops, waits till I remove the diaper and rolls. So completely love it! That look in her eyes that says, "ha! I did that on PURPOSE!" She's starting to be mobile. I realize that she would have achieved this milestone long ago if I ever put her down. But I am honestly just trying to save the poor child from the ardent and ferocious love of her big brothers and sister.

Laney first tooth broke through. She is well on her way to becoming the fourth Hufford child to bring home the "Your child is biting" note from Miss Jayne's kindergarten class. All it takes is a few teeth and a little rage.

Mark did a killer job getting the lawn under control. He literally mowed the back yard three times in one day just to tame the wild growth due to the rains of Gustav coming through. It looks fantastic back there.

Irritating stuff: I'm at my wits end with Daphne and her incessant nightime barking. I can't take it anymore! Geez Louise! I am already sleep deprived and I can't be held responsible for the things I've yelled out the back door in the middle of the night. I'm looking into one of those bark control birdhouse contraptions that make noise the dogs don't like when they bark. Anyone have info, experience or advice? You could be saving a life here.

A moment I'd like to forget: (then why, you may ask am I blogging about it?....an undeniable need to share) I became THAT soccer mom. You know the one. The one that steps over the line. I was standing behind one of the mothers of a child on the other team and I kept overhearing her say rude little things about Mathew..that's right (gasp) MY Mathew. My ears were burning and I could feel it coming. Just then her son tripped on the field, Mathew was running right behind him and fell right on top of him. She made another little comment and I lost my control, went up to her and confronted her. I called out another soccer mom!!! Even now I get all nervous thinking about it. We exchanged snotty words and we left it that. My neighbor was mortified and I was ticked. Mark came from work a few minutes later and Jennifer filled him in. He said, "Well it's not too late to apologize." Apologize!! Well, that's what happens when you've been teaching early morning seminary. I replied, "I'm really not sorry." He's a smart man and has been married to me for almost a decade, so he let it drop. After 45 minutes of standing there, cooling down and feeling more and more like an idiot, I finally went over and apologized for losing it. She laughed and apologized too. Shwew. No fist fight ensued. Lesson learned: don't stand by the other team...they definitely like their kids better than yours.

Things I want for the coming week:

A nap --- reach for the stars!

To tea party hard with Miss Megan

Get a few veggies in for the fall garden. Peas? Lettuce? a few radishes maybe?

No fights with soccer moms.

Detox from the sugar binge induced by sugar cookies in the house.

Teach Laney how to scoot to something. Maybe even try a little solid food?

Spend a few minutes with Mark. A girl can dream, right?

Gab with the gals at the Tower Park playdate.

Put that pile of stuff that's blocking the hallway into the attic. I hate doing that.

Discuss the concept of AIM with the boys in regards to the bathroom. You know what they say about teaching a man to fish!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs. You are just so yourself and I miss you. Let me know how the boys and the bathroom go. It helped when I had Talmage start cleaning the bathroom he used. He got grossed out, and that helped his aim. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete