Monday, March 25, 2024

70's day...part deux

We are four weeks in to our experiment.

We have learned that unplugging is really hard. We are all tempted to say, "We'll do it tomorrow." But, let's be real...tomorrow never comes. 

Week 3:  We got a late start on it, since AJ met up with some friends after church. But eventually we sat down and painted these little canvases. They turned out cute!  And it was fun to be creative and listen to our favorite old musical numbers from Oklahoma! and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. 

Mine are on the top row, then Everly's, then AJ's and then Laney's.


Week 4: We wandered down to Sunnyside and let the kids loose on the playground. I stayed on that teeter totter for about 14 seconds before my logical brain reminded me that I am OLD.



We wickedly stepped over the orange plastic fencing to climb on some newly installed equipment. 




Back to the house when we got too chilly and we put in a batch of garlic knots for our dinner. (Turns out that was our whole dinner, lol) and we played a game of Uno, made shrinky dinks and taught Everly how to play a proper game of limbo. 

At one point, I had both Megan and Mark talking to me at the same time and when I made that face that says "I'm overstimulated", they both rolled over in shame and despair to give me some alone time. hahaha

We watched "Arrival" (don't judge...people watched movies in the seventies) and sang along with our old musicals. The Shrinky Dinks were mostly a bust, we couldn't figure out how to get them to flatten out after baking. 

It's ok. People got mad and threw shrimky dinks in the seventies too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment