Sunday, March 3, 2024

70's day

Mark and I have instituted 70's day.

Every Sunday after church we turn off the phones and laptops and ipads and computers...anything that encourages separation and isolation. You know...like they did in the 70s!

And then we figure it out from there. 

Boredom is likely. Anger is all but guaranteed.

But, so far...

We are having fun and making a few memories.

Week 1: We had a project that needed attention at the gym. We took all the kids with us and set them loose with their scooters, skateboards and a gym full of rings, bars, boxes and ropes. 

They figured it out! (I left my phone in the car, so I grabbed a few shots off the gym camera feed)

They even did a few dance routines to "Can't take my eyes off of you"


And get this....about 30 minutes into our forced family fun, my loudest complainers were begrudgingly admitting that this was a really good thing.

Week 2: We packed some sandwiches and went over to Bull Creek Park. I remember doing a simple hike there a few years ago and I thought it might be the perfect way to get ourselves out of the house for the afternoon. 

Megan made us some peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches...the strawberry jam was GONE. How could we have let this happen?? 

The hike was cute a short and interupted briefly when Mark realized he'd need to go back to find a bathroom. While he was gone we gave Megan a hard time over the insane amount of jelly Megan put in each sandwich...I mean, who is that girl's mother??


Stay tuned for our upcoming adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment