Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving Surprise

Mathew has been living in Idaho for 2 1/2 years now and has reached a point where he can't stand another minute without a car. We tried in vain to help him find and finance a car, but it's pretty hard for a kid without wheels to get around to acquire wheels. 

Finally, we realized it might be best to buy him a one-way flight home for Thanksgiving and then he can drive the KIA back to Idaho. Bonus...no haggling with salesmen or paying sales tax. 

And bonus!! We got Mathew home for Thanksgiving!

Megan came home for the weekend too. It's great having her go to school nearby. 

Mathew settled right back in and everyone soaked up some brother time. 

I missed my Maf!


We planned to get together with the Flynns, McDonalds, Eberts and Hursts. Our assignment was the stuffing, ham, and a pie. So much better than making everything ouselves!


I made a Pecan Cream Pie and it changed my life. I found my Spirit Dessert. 


It was a warm and cozy meal. I'm grateful for our framily. (That's my new name for our friends that feel like family). 

FRAMILY

AJ has hit the "don't photograph me, you psycho" phase. I'm not worried...this too shall pass. 

Everly is still cool with it. 

Look at these boys men! 

Court and Todd slicing the bird!




The spread of pies....we slacked off on the desserts last year and it is clear we learned our lesson. 

And as all Thanksgivings should end....


Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment