Saturday, November 9, 2019

Time's up

So, redoing the kitchen backfired...just a bit. Suddenly I had this light and sunny kitchen (which I LOVE 😍)  and my family photo wall is all black and white. It just didn't fit anymore. I put that wall together when Everly was a baby, so I suppose it's due for an update. 

I did forget one thing....

I forgot to learn how to do this kind of thing. I didn't dedicate one minute of the last 6 years to mastering this craft.

So I lay it out on the floor. Then I invite Regina over and she lays it out on the floor and we eat soup and have a nice chat. Then I start to feel overwhelmed and Regina senses I might need a little "time to myself" to figure it out. 


Then I made templates of all the frames that I could possibly use and I tape them up so I can see it before I start putting nail holes all willy nilly.

It still looks weird to me. But, I really have no idea how I should go about fixing its weirdness...


So I just pound those nails in and start hanging the frames up. I know in my heart of hearts its still weird and its lacking some type of unknowable something. But I also know that I might not ever be able to fix it.

So I'll stare at the sweet faces of the people I love and probably keep messing with the frames forevermore.


On the bright side...I got a couple updated photos out this whole thing! Everly and Megan were seriously lacking in an pictures that did not feature duck lips or chocolate milk mustaches.

No more!



No comments:

Post a Comment