Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Maui: Turtle Town, Burgers and Banyan Square

We're getting pretty savvy in the breakfast department. 

We branch out....


AND secure our morning happiness with the Banana Mac. Eh???


Then we drove out to Turtle Town with our poppin bellines to snorkel. I knew I had maybe 15 minutes to be in that swelling water before I felt like yacking it all up.....

We swam out into a cove and started to explore....I looked up and saw a turtle shell dip below the water right in front of me... I waved Mark over and we watched this gorgeous fellow glide around in front of us.

I'm so glad we figured out how to use our underwater camera and get just a few pictures.



And just like that, our turtle friend was gone and I started feeling queasy. I made it in to the rocks and happily watched Mark snorkel and look for shells. He found the best one!


We popped back to the condo to get cleaned up and then over to Lahaina to explore the shops and find some lunch. We were slowly collecting souvenirs for each of the kids as well as Heidi and Mom. It's such a lovely town...a little touristy, but not in an obnoxious way.

We hit the Cook Cat Cafe. Mark was in the mood for a burger and I'm always up for for fries and a banana split.

We explored Banyan Square and marveled at the way it sends it's limbs out. The whole square is one big connected tree community.




And I'm not ashamed to say...we headed back to the condo to hang out and watch whatever was on tv. Having adventures takes a lot out of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment