Thursday, May 24, 2018

The last day. We leave it all on the table.

As last days go, this one should go in the record books.

WE DID IT ALL.

Anna and her ukulele played for the big crowd at the talent show.

She nailed it. I heard multiple "awwww"s from the crowd. I knew exactly how they felt. It doesn't get much sweeter than a 1st grader singing 'You are my Sunshine". No sir.


I also took the liberty of recording Mrs. Knox leading the kids in the Sunnyside school song. I still remember every word of my Barnett Bulldogs. This is the stuff our legacies are made of!


This talent show was LOOOONG. It rivaled church. Anna was 4th. I stuck around to listen to the children of all the people I care about, and finally Everly and I snuck out to go make a picnic and pick up the the big kids.

When we walked in the house, there was a swallowtail butterfly on the kitchen floor. He was calmly drying his wings.  I thought to myself "oh! one of the butterflies hatched out of its chrysalis! Wait, we don't have any caterpillars or chrysliseseses." The only thing I can think is that one of our caterpillars must escaped the jar months ago and attached itself to the back of the fridge or something.


We took him out and put him in the flower pot. I hope the birdies don't snatch him up before he can dry his wings!


We put together a picnic and ran to pick up Ethan. Mat is with Mark at the Crossfit Central Regional Games in Nashville. Megan rode her bike to school. We dropped Ethan home and went to go pick up the girls from Sunnyside. The girls used up their silly string on each other. Why waste it on someone you don't love?


We had a fun picnic at the park with lots of good friends. Mostly its mom therapy while we tell our kids to go push each other on the swings. Meg snagged my phone and got this cute shot of Evelyn on the swings.


We stopped at the downtown library on the way home to pick up 30 books and 2 barbie movies along with Summer Reading Logs. NOW it feels like summer. 


And I'm already feeling anxiety over losing those books.

No comments:

Post a Comment