Sunday, May 13, 2018

The best one so far.

Well, hello, Mother's Day. I'm so glad you came around when you did. This last week was a bit of a parenting nightmare. Let's just say that right when one child packed up his things and moved out of that space in my heart where I am biting my nails and screaming in sheer terror cuz I just seriously don't know how in the world we are going to make it through....another one was cued right up and ready to move in. 

And then Mark went out of town. 

I was more than ready for some thick cut bacon and a tulip bouquet. 


I tell you. Mark had me pegged this year. I got to sleep in, eat well, skip choir and go on a breezy bike ride with the kids.




I caught Megan holding up dandelions for Everly to wish on and Ethan taking photos of the cuteness.


Ethan and Megan pretending to row their canoes with their feet.  "Aaaand....stroke! stroke! stroke!"


Like I mentioned, I hung about and skipped choir. It was heavenly and it gave me a little extra time to do the girls hair before leaving.



My calling was completely taken care of by the energetic Bro. Carey, so I just led the kids in their Mother's Day songs in sacrament meeting and then attended gospel doctrine and Relief Society.

There was food.


Mark handled the dinner and house pick up while I got to have a nice chat with my mom and before you know it we were sitting down to yummy Tuscan chicken with ceasar salad, garlic bread and fresh berries.

I took a nice photo of everyone: oh, wait, we're missing Laney and Anna refused to turn around. She was deep into a pout session.


There's Laney!


And around the corner for a quick one of Anna (none too pleased)....the whole family accounted for!


And for the finale.....delicious, heavy, moist carrot cake.


I mean....come ON.


That's a winner. right there.


Anna passed around pens and little papers for everyone to write a little something to me. It definitely made me feel butifle.


Everly tried to sing me a song, but the hiccups hijacked her efforts and left us with her infectious giggles. 



My goodness, I really do love being a mom.

2 comments:

  1. You're truly amazing and I'm lucky to have you as my best friend! Anything I can do to honor you 1 day out of the year pales in comparison to what you do for me and our kids on a daily basis. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! You left a comment on the blog! The love!

      Delete