Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Talent Show - Ukuleles!!

I feel like it's about time that I accept the fact that my sweet children are always and forever going to sign up for the Sunnyside Talent show. Sure, it stresses me out. Sure, I still have nightmares about sitting down to play my viola in front of the people I love and care about most only to realize that I don't actually know how to play the viola. 

But that isn't stopping these girls! They are trying out for the talent show and they're playing ukuleles!

Unfortunately, Laney forgot she was going to do that until the morning of the audition. Which did not serve to sooth my worried momma heart. I suggested we just let this one go and she work up a performance for the sweet, appreciative, non-judgemental souls at the old folks home! 

No thank you, mother. 

She practiced it through a couple times, popped that ukulele on her back and headed off to school. 


Oh, did I forget to mention that she signed up with a buddy and they sang this together for the first time while they waited in line to audition?

Where do they get this moxie from? (It's from Mark. All from Mark)


Here they are singing their "Lava" song!: 


Feeling nervous and excited, up next to play for the judges:


And they did it! Way to pull it off, ladies!


Then we have Anna!

Her auditions were the very next day.  She had practiced and prepared for this since she got her ukulele in November. This her song. THE song. (Those eyes!)


She's done all she can do, she's up after the kid who is singing a Coldplay song sporting glow sticks and a black light.  She's doing a little motivational self-talk in her mind, I can tell. 


This kind of bravery amazes me.


And she did it!!


Both girls made it through. They are performing on the last two days of school and they are going walk away knowing that they are brave and talented and seriously thankful for their dad's genes.

I think I am learning to love the talent show.

No comments:

Post a Comment