Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Mathew turns 14...All day!

I cannot tell you how many times Mathew has surprised me with breakfast in bed. He is the sweetest of the sweet. So I figured it was time for him to experience the joy! 


He selected cocoa, sausage, pancakes and scrambled eggs. I added the ketchup on top because I know him. And eggs are awesome with ketchup, I don't care what people say.


He loved it! He told me a couple of times that day, "That was AWESOME!"


Even with a long day of partying ahead of us, I got side tracked and weeded the flower gardens in the back yard. I had to smile when the garden sprinklers came on...I love they way they look in the morning sunshine!


Since it's a "friend year", Mat decided he'd like to have his church buddies over for a wii battle and snacks. We made some pizzas and provided multiple sources of sugar.


While the party was going on downstairs, we set up the bike wash in the front yard. I love watching them run through and squeal when the cold water hits their shoulders...then they love to lay on their towels and "bask" in the sun. Reminds me so much of spending entire days in my swimsuit when I was a kid.


Mathew asked for a chocolate cake with whipped vanilla frosting. And because he is a 14 year old boy, he wanted to handle the FIRE.


Riley Horspool, McKenzie Clarke, Christopher Tayler, Dax Hurst and Owen NeSmith help him celebrate :)


I love teenager parties!!

Later that night we had Mathew's family birthday dinner: roast beef, mashed potatoes with gravy, hot rolls and corn.


And a cherry cake. He decided against my favorite marachino cherry icing. Someday he'll understand what he's missing!


He got some spending money from his Grandmas (his FAVORITE. This boy values the power to buy treats at will), a cubs hat with his initials embroidered on the side (from Dad), 3 new video games and tickets to go see Jim Gaffigan with mom and dad on July 20th.

His friend, Riley, gave him the game "Snake Oil", so we played it as a family and it was hilarious! You have to convince each other to buy your product in a 30 second sales pitch. I was amazed at how creative the kids can be and how well they think on their feet.

We were all laughing!


Mark trying to sell Megan his babysitter pill. And none of us with forget Megan's Gangster Fish...."You gotta WHACK EM! WHACK EM HARD!"


It was a great birthday and we are so glad Mathew is a part of our family. He's smart and funny and helps balance us all out. Love you, Mathew!

No comments:

Post a Comment