Thursday, June 22, 2017

A new idea for a hot day

Megan and I like to peruse Pinterest and Facebook for new crafts. 

Doable crafts.

And we found this one. It takes rocks and old crayons. We have both of those in abundance. That will save me from going back to the store for the 5th day in a row. (Why can't I manage to buy all the things at once?) (I really should learn that nice cashier lady's name. I spend more time with her than anyone else.)

So...to the rocks.

You just pick them out, wash them off and pop them in the oven for 15 minutes on 350.


Then you just pick a color and let the melting begin! It is so lovely.


You can do layer upon layer and it all looks cool and swirly.



And if it doesn't turn out, you just wipe it off before it cools and start melting again. The girls were great about not touching the hot rocks. We ended up with a few that cooled before we could get to them, so we just popped them back in the oven and we were back to it. 

So fun!




2 comments: