Thursday, November 24, 2016

Vaile Mansion

On my birthday, Julia promised me that we'd take a day and go visit some old mansions in the area....without kids. We thought we'd go see one in the morning, have a nice lunch and then visit another in the afternoon. Maybe a beautiful crisp Saturday in the spring?

And then on her birthday, I promised her that we really would go ..... like for reals. 

And then it was time to go back to school and then there was Halloween....

Finally we realized that we better get cracking. So I found a babysitter and we went through the Taco bell drive thru and raced up to see the Vaile Mansion. 

Our guide was perfect. He knew all the gory details. Let's just say that I wouldn't care to spend the night there. There is a major creep factor to a place where the wife committed suicide in her bedroom and then served as an INSANE ASYLUM for decades. 

*shudder*

We loved it! And I promised Julia no one would ever see this photo.

shhhhh.....


No comments:

Post a Comment