Sunday, October 5, 2014

Scenes from General Conference

I have never...not EVER....been a prepared, crafty, inspired type mother when it comes to General Conference.

Many LDS households across the nation are playing Apostle Bingo and we are playing, "Be QUIET! I can't hear a single thing he's saying!"

It's not a very fun game.

But something struck my fancy this time around and I decided I ought to tap into the powers of modern technology (pinterest) and use them for the good of mankind.

I printed out Conference Squares from lds.org (Bingo)....


I purchased Everly-approved bingo candies...


Which quickly turned into snacks and they started coloring in the squares...


Everly always opts for a pen. It does the most damage to furniture and walls.


The Bingo game lost its luster after one session, but the Tie pages hung in there till the end.

Next conference I will modify them a bit so that they can color in the tie (according to what the apostle is wearing during his talk, of course) and then write key words from the talk in the circles.

This one I liked because it helped the kids keep track of who the apostles are, when they had spoken and who was still to come.


We also did a "Conference Train" and I really loved it. Each child would write (or draw) something that they heard or that was meaningful to them and the connect it to the train. It got long fast and it was cool to read through them and see that they had listened! I think this activity is a keeper too. 


But as you might expect, 10 hours of Conference can be overwhelming for kids.

Eventually it was just Everly and me with a bowl of soup and a drawer of abandoned crayons.


The girls found someone to shower their attention on. 

It seems Tootsie was in need of a spa day.


No comments:

Post a Comment