Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Carnival

It wouldn't be a Hufford Halloween without my pre-Halloween costume photos, now would it? 

I will forever maintain that if I were to wait until the actual day of Trick or Treating to try to get these pictures, many people wouldl end up in tears....and most of the photos would involve dirty costumes and suckers stuck in hair. 

Ain't nobody got time for that.

But we DO have time for a 13 year old pirate. I cannot tell you how happy in makes me that he still wants to dress up and that even though we showed up to the ward carnival and he was the only teenager that wore a costume, he didn't skulk off to the bathroom and stash his pirate dreads. 

Way to hold your head up high, buddy. 

Don't ever let anybody make you feel embarrassed for wearing your little sister's pirate pants from her 4th grade musical. 


Ethan and his good buddy, Christopher.


Mathew went as a Royals player. I KNEW I was smart to hang on to those baseball pants even though we have never needed them for actual baseball! A little part of me (my inner hoarder) just grew a few sizes larger.


Mathew has no problem posing for the camera.


No problem at all.


Megan decided to (finally!) go as a gypsy. This was a costume we worked on two years ago and then it got bumped at the last minute for something else....probably a black cat.

I think she's a beauty.

I will now start brainstorming ways to ugly her up before she turns 16.


Laney settled on being a "China Girl".

Now, I'm fairly certain that being a "China Girl" isn't very PC....we are possibly offending somebody out there....but, hey....

She's doin ya proud, huh?


Anna decided on the pumpkin suit. We have two and although they are identical in every way, she was adamant that this is the one she wanted. I want to eat her up!


Everly is a little pirate girl....without the hat. She wanted to wear the hat for approximately 4 seconds and tossed it. 5 years ago, I would have done everything in my power (and I did) to get a photo with her (Laney) in that hat.

Now I just don't have the energy to fight that particular fight.  Instead we are going with Pirate Pigtails.

And it's possible she thinks it's prayer time.


Which, just like actual prayer time, only lasts a few seconds and then she's on to more interesting things.


After 2 solid hours of running the fishing booth and allowing our children to enjoy the games and trick or treat completely unsupervised by a responsible adult, we sat down for the chili cookoff.

I don't know who won because a)We didn't enter b) I wasn't listening c) Let's just eat it.


Fred and Dylan Clarke are the only other adults that dressed up....I was sporting my Where's Waldo costume from yesteryear.


That officially makes us the 3 most righteous people in the ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment