Friday, November 8, 2013

Five Things

1.  Today I made myself a Spicy Thai Chicken Salad (it deserves the capitals) that is beautifully close to my most beloved Thai Crunch Salad from The Marketplace in Arkansas that went out of business. I ate a bowl of it yesterday and knew immediately that it was missing crunchy wontons. So I went today and procured the wontons and I cried tears of happiness over my lunch. It was a big deal to me.

2. I ate approximately 18 mini York peppermint patties today. I justify it because they are kind of like Junior Mints and everyone knows those are like the "least bad" candy to get at the movie theatre.

Okay...I admit it.  I'm eating one now.

19.

So maybe I should save myself the effort and graduate up to the full size Yorks.

The big leagues.

I'll think it over this weighty issue.

3. It took me 4 trips to the school to pick everybody up this afternoon. During the first round, I fell asleep while waiting in my car and kept waking up when my head jerked up in that freaky way.  I would've looked around to see if anyone saw my embarrassing behavior, but I know full well that most of the other moms were asleep too.

4. Everly is doing the official ON THE KNEES crawl, as of about 10 days ago. It is the cutest thing ever and almost makes me sad that she is growing up. Except for that goal I have of not wiping anyone else's behind but my own.

5. I've already nursed Everly to sleep 3 times in the last 30 minutes.  I do it because I have no energy or will power to parent correctly after 6 pm. I officially throw in the towel at 6:01.  So that doesn't bode so well for our immediate future. I'll just keep telling myself that "This too shall pass".

On the other hand, one of the perks of training my baby to only be able to sleep when she is quite literally attached to me is that I get to lay down for nap time. Even if it's only for 10 minutes till she konks out...it is the best 10 minutes.  Add in a space heater aimed at my feet and I call that a little chunk of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment