Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A return to the cafeteria

I really love my kids. 

This is illustrated by my willingness to attend the "Turkey Lunch" with them at the elementary school. 

In honor of Thanksgiving we all show up at the doors of the cafeteria and pay 3.50 for a roll, a scoop of peaches, reconstituted mashed potatoes and gravy with a healthy portion of pressed turkey product. 

It really took me back. And I wondered if the same lunch ladies from Barnett Elementary (circa 1981-86) might have relocated to the Olathe public school system. 

We contented ourselves with noogie entertainment.


Don't worry! This was just the first round! You didn't think both my kids would eat lunch at the same time, did you? NAH! We polished of our first round of unsalted corn with a side of chocolate milk and we went through one more time with ....Megan!


Since we had already tasted the offerings, we focused more on our selfies.


And the pumpkin pie squares...those were worth having twice.


And we leave with our hearts full of Thanksgiving for our newly acquired knowledge that next time we should get wise and bring Subway turkey sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment