Sunday, June 16, 2013

Megan's Baptism

I have a little confession.....

I forgot to invite the ward to Megan's baptism. 

The only reason that any non-family members ended up being there was that I asked a few of them to play the piano and lead the music. 

Oh yes. And the Bishop was there.

At first I felt pretty awful about my mistake, but once the program started and we were in the middle of singing "Joy to the World" (one of Megan's favorites), I really started to feel the Spirit. And I looked around me and I was grateful that we were just a small group and that we all knew each other and loved each other. 

Megan was so happy to stand with her Dad.


John and Shannon and their little kids were there to show their support. It's no small thing to travel 3 1/2 hours each way with little kids in the car. We felt the love.


Grandma Kathleen and Grandma and Grandpa Fields all traveled to be there for Megan on this special day.



She radiated happiness.


Megan wore the same dress that I was baptized in. Mom brought it all the way from Utah...on loan from Aunt Heidi. I hope that all my daughters will be able to wear it.


After the baptism and confirmation, we returned to our house for visiting and Pork Barbacoa....with the missionaries. I have never been awesome about checking my calendar before signing up to feed those fellows. :)

Laney also loaned out some of her dress ups to the Grandparents...who took it all perfectly in stride. 

Joe was sporting our old cowboy hat while Jean checked her plastic Cinderella purse for hidden treasures.


I got a kick out of the next few pictures:


My mom doesn't just wear the scarf...


She wears. that. scarf.


It was a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment