Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother'sDay...

Mother's Day has turned into one of my favorite days of the year.

1.  It's always on a Sunday, so I don't have to pack anyone a lunch. So great.

2. My kids are old enough that they attempt to do fun and special things for me without it being someone else's idea. And they are usually trying to be sneaky and secretive about it. Double the fun.




3. I don't have to cook. Not that I cook everyday, mind you. Mark often jumps in and whips up a meal for the family. But Mother's Day is different. He cook cooks. Like pork roast, cornbread, pretzel salad, coconut cream pie cooks.


4. It is lovely to be sitting down and looking around at my family and getting that feeling that I am ridiculously blessed to be "the mama".


It's like playing house for decades and always getting first pick.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic mother's day!!! They don't come much better than that. It has to feel so good to know that every big and little heart in your home loves you!!!

    ReplyDelete