Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

I think it's safe to say that this Halloween was one of those ones that just got away from me.  I didn't ever quite get around to taking photos of all the kids in their costumes, as I have in years past. Let's be honest...that is the dangerous thing about getting all ambitious with stuff like that....it becomes EXPECTED.

Although I know for a fact that the only living person who really cares whether I take nice photos of my kids in their costumes each year is....

me.

So that's great.

Here's what I did get.

Documentation of the crazy overboardness of this holiday. I mean, HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO GET DRESSED UP!??

There was the visit to Mark's office:


The pumpkin carving night at school:

Okay...this doesn't count. They aren't dressed up and they are ridiculous cute.


The ward party:

(Ack...no photo!)

Meg at the school parade/party:


Mathew after he de-costumed himself at the school parade/party (can ya blame him?):


There was the "Night of the Living Farm" at the Deanna Rose Farmstead:

Ha! Stole this photo off the world wide web!


Then there was the pre-trick or treating pizza at the neighbors house:


And finally the ACTUAL trick-or-treating.

Hallelujah!


And here's the real kicker...

The only thing worse (parentally speaking, that is) than NOT taking the photos...is taking only half of the photos.

That's why I win the lame mom award.

Give me my trophy.

Because here are pictures of 2/5ths of my kids:

Did you notice that she opted out of the bee costume on Halloween?


And because I never ever want to forget the way Laney likes to work the runway:




And because Halloween wasn't crazy enough, we still went ahead with our white paper bag lantern thing.

I think it might have something to do with keeping up with the Joneses.

I'll discuss it with my therapist.


So pretty!

And I didn't actually smack that lady who said to her sweetie-pie, "Watch out, honey, those are a fire hazard." I just role-played it out in my head.

Awesome Halloween everyone.

Take five.

No comments:

Post a Comment