Thursday, November 29, 2012

A recipe for you.

Today was the day that I introduced my little girls to a Blanchard favorite.

Mashed potatoes with hot dogs.

Maybe you think that sounds gross. Maybe you are dumb.

Maybe you need to stop judging and go get out a pan and have some mashed potatoes and hotdogs.

Instructions:

Use leftover mashed potatoes. This is an important step because if you have to make new mashed potatoes, you will not get the full ghetto vibe of the dish. Authenticity is key.

Then you cut up several hotdogs into those circles that are the exact shape of a windpipe. I will not tell you how many to cut up, because I don't know how much leftover mashed potatoes you have. Suffice it to say, your potato to dog ratio should lean toward the dog. You will thank me.

Now spray your frying pan with pam and brown up the spheres of processed meat-heaven. Don't forget to throw your mashed potatoes in the microwave while you cook. Cold potatoes and hot hot dogs do not make a delicious combination.

When both are heated to your satisfaction. Combine and stir around a bit. It is important to let the essence of the hot dogs permeate the taters.

Then you dish up and top with ketchup.

Enjoy.

Don't judge me.

3 comments:

  1. No judging from me! In Sweden they have little vendors that sell sausages (basically a hot dog, right?) with mashed potatoes on the side. Mustard goes on the dog, ketchup goes on the taters. It's called potatiskorv and we make it all the time here. I gagged on the thought of ketchup on our taters until I actually tried it. Delicious!

    And yay!!! You're blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are cracking me up!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. why not? My kids might just think I'm a genius...

    ReplyDelete