Thursday, November 29, 2012

A checklist

I am a list-maker extraordinaire.

I can make a list for anything that needs to be done or ever will be done by myself or anyone in my sphere of influence (the kids).  And I'm positive they love it. They wouldn't have it any other way.

I also have a running list of guilt-producing undone tasks. Things that probably would take me about 15 minutes to accomplish and for some reason I just can't bring myself to do them. Number one on that list is to get blogging again. I'm stuck on those birthdays. I could do a post a day and get caught up in no time.

ugh.

But then there is the thing where I don't feel like it.

Then I tell myself that it's better to "live life rather than blog about life".

So comforting.

Then I tell myself that there is a "time and season for everything".  Maybe this isn't my blogging season?

These conversations don't seem to have any effect on my guilt checklist.

So.

We proceed.

To the birthdays.

And then I will call the hospital and pre-register for the impending birth of my 6th child. I will voluntarily subject myself to paperwork that requires me to look up information and addresses.

ugh.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! It's like you looked into my soul and saw everything!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete