Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Homemade snowglobes

Here's another idea I stole from "Our Best Bites".

I am not ashamed to declare that 70 percent of my creative parenting is Google based.

My kids love snow globes, but I'm pretty picky about what kind of snow globes I am willing to part with my money over. No Disney characters allowed. We've already discussed my need for therapy when it comes to Santa. No princesses. No year dates.

That is why we have 2 snow globes.

Then I saw a tutorial on how to make homemade globes with pictures of your kids!

We loved it!

Just take photos of your kids in their snow gear:





Then print, cut out, and laminate. Glue the photo and anything else you want in there to the inside of the lid. 



Then fill the jar with water, sprinkle in some glitter and lower the lid in and close up tight!


These were so fun to do, but next year I will make the photos alot smaller in proportion to the size of the jar. And I think the smaller jars are much better because they are easier for little hands to shake. 

All I have to do is eat 5 jars of maraschino cherries between now and December 2012.

Piece of cake.

Maraschino cake. 

4 comments:

  1. Do you ever get tired? That is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are SO cute!!! One thing I don't understand is what kind of glue do you use that will stay stuck once you fill the bottle with water??? Also, do you stick the picture to the lid or to the side of the jar??? You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to do these too. I think I pinned it. That's not the same as making it, is it?

    ReplyDelete