Friday, December 23, 2011

Shepherd's Night

December 23rd....Shepherd's Night.


The night where I make dinner of whatever I can pull together and I pretend that "I make this every year!" Last year I think was pizza. This year...sausage potato casserole and rolls that I accidentally switched the sugar for salt. Gag.

Then they get to put their sleeping bags by the tree and sleep "beneath" the twinkly lights all night.



They get excited. And pretty wired. The discover that lips look huge in the reflection of a bell.


Anna takes the opportunity to spruce up the tree.


Then I take a picture of them "sleeping".


Then I sneak in a couple hours later and take another of them really sleeping. All sprawled out, legs on pillows and heads on carpet.


That really is the same every year.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome Christmas tradition! What wonderful memories you are making for your sweet little guys! Wish I had thought of that one when Mark and the others were little. They would have loved it! Happy New Year Maren. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love taking photos of my son sleeping. I seriously have no idea how kids don't wake up with numb limbs and kinked necks.

    ReplyDelete