Friday, June 24, 2011

The Dance of Humiliation

Whilst going through my high school photos, looking for a few choice pics of Sarah, I came across something I'd like to share. Because I know it will make you smile and because I am positive you have a couple or seven ridiculously embarrassing memories from your own teenage years that would give me a laugh.


This boy was from Springville and I was from Payson. We met in Youth Symphony, which would explain how I ended up going to multiple dances in Springville. Lest you think there was anything steamy between us, we never even held hands. Suffice it to say, he was the first of several weirdo bass players that I "dated" in my high school/college career. I use that term ever so loosely. Oh so loosely.

Anyway, I went to one of those bridal shops and picked out my dress for this dance. I think it was his Junior Prom. I then marched myself over to Payless Shoe Source and picked out white lace satin shoes and had them dyed to match. This was not the last time I would do this. It seemed like the right thing back then. Don't mock me.

The night of the dance rolls around and my date takes one look at me and he freezes.

You see....

He and his friend had already picked up the other girl.

And she was wearing.....

THE EXACT SAME THING.

Please enjoy:

We spent the entire night looking like two bridesmaids out for dinner after the reception.

My sisters tried to make me feel better when the pictures came back, and said, "Well her feet look way bigger than yours."

All I could think was "So do her boobs".

You're welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that. That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this makes me have that uncomfortable feeling I have when I'm suppressing memories I'd rather not remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be happy in knowing that big boobs sag as they get older! Thanks for sharing the story. What year was this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post is awesome in every single way possible.

    ReplyDelete